Most people consider Arizona to be a dry desert oasis, but there’s nothing quite like winter in Flagstaff, AZ. This high desert destination offers snowy views, forest canopies, and mountainous landscapes. Whether you’re into extreme sports or quiet fireside chats, winter in Flagstaff, AZ is sure to warm your heart and excite your soul.
Here is a list of all the fun things to do this winter in Flagstaff, AZ.
Don’t forget to book your stay at Village Camp Outdoor Resort for the perfect winter getaway. Reservations are available for short-term and long-term stays.
Things To Do This Winter in Flagstaff, AZ
We all know Arizona is a great place to visit. Its rugged desert landscape, towering canyon walls, majestic Saguaro cacti, and red sandstone rocks, are sure to captivate visitors of all ages. But there’s nothing quite like winter in Flagstaff, AZ when the floor and forest are covered in snow, or the cool crisp air invites you to get cozy and stay warm.
With ski resorts and campsite firepits, there’s plenty to do:
- Skiing – There are quite a few ski resorts to visit. The Arizona Snowbowl and Agassiz Peak to name a couple. Whether you’re an avid skier or never stepped foot on the slopes, you’re sure to enjoy your time on these snowy Arizona peaks.
- Snowshoe or winter walk – Skis a little too fast and furious? You could simply take a winter hike or snowshoe through the forest.
- Scenic gondola – If you’re not interested in outdoor sports altogether, no problem. The Arizona Snowbowl gondola offers a beautiful view of sunsets, ski resorts, and mountain peaks. Sit back, relax, and take in all the views.
- Visit a National or Regional Park – Winter is also an excellent time to visit some of the area’s most beautiful landscapes. Ever heard of the Grand Canyon? Winter in Flagstaff, AZ means fewer crowds which makes it a great time to visit these otherwise very busy parks.
- Enjoy the campfire – Enjoy s’mores and fireside stories at your very own campfire when you book a stay at Village Camp Outdoor Resort. It’s all about getting cozy and enjoying your time with friends and families.
Museums – Stay in altogether and visit one of the many museums in Flagstaff. There’s the Museum of Northern Arizona, the Clara M. Lovett Art Museum, and more!
- Stargaze at the Lowell Observatory – Take a tour of the night sky. Lowell Observatory is a hilltop telescope open to the public. Enjoy the clear skies as you view the wonders of space.
Ready to Enjoy Winter in Flagstaff, AZ?
First things first, make sure to book your stay at Village Camp Outdoor Resort.
RV sites, cabins, and Safari tents coming next year, it’s the perfect home away from home. Your basecamp to Arizona’s most beautiful landscapes, this resort is perfect for anyone looking to explore, experience, and immerse themselves in the natural world of winter in Flagstaff, AZ.