If you’re looking to get full the Polar Express Experience in Northern Arizona this holiday season, you’ve come to the right place. The Polar Express Experience is Arizona’s popular holiday-themed train ride and is a truly magical experience is offered by the Grand Canyon Railway! You’ll journey to the “North Pole” while creating cherished memories with the family.
Whether you’re a first timer or a seasoned pro, here’s our Village Camp team’s travel guide to help you plan your visit to the Polar Express Experience in Northern Arizona:
- Book Those Tickets in Advance! It’s no secret that the Polar Express Experience is super popular, and you’ll notice that tickets will sell out quickly.
- Get In The Holiday Spirit – Dress Up! Have everyone in your group wear their pajamas, just like in the book and movie – The Polar Express. This adds to the fun and festive atmosphere, and also makes for a great photo opp.
- Arrival at the Depot: Check in at the Grand Canyon Railway Depot at least half an hour before your scheduled departure time. The holidays can be a hustle and bustle, give yourself enough time to park, check in, and enjoy the pre-boarding activities with the family; which often include carolers and entertainment.
- All Aboard! The Polar Express train is adorned with twinkling lights. Grab your seats and gear up for your memorable, magical journey to Santa’s North Pole.
- You Won’t Get Bored, While Aboard! Prepare to be entertained with a reading of “The Polar Express” story, cocoa, cookies, and a visit from Santa Claus. Sing along to Christmas carols and get in the holiday spirit.
- Experience The North Pole! Your highlight of the journey is the arrival at the “North Pole,” where you’ll see Santa’s village and Santa himself – ready, set, smile!
- Get the Gifts! Santa often gives each child a special gift, just like in the story. It’s a magical moment for kids of all ages.
- Lock In Accommodation (at Village Camp Flagstaff)! If you’re headed up from the greater Phoenix area, plan to stay overnight in an Adventure Cabin at Village Camp Flagstaff!
Why Make Village Camp Your Base Camp for The Polar Express Experience?
Village Camp Flagstaff features a year-round heated hot tub (perfect for shaking off that winter chill), a full bar and bistro (did someone say snacks?), housed in a mountain modern clubhouse – framed by steel construction and glass walls amplifying breathtaking views of the San Francisco Peaks.
Our cabin rentals offer living rooms, kitchens or kitchenettes and enough beds for the entire family after a day visiting Santa!
Plus: we’re just minutes from charming downtown Flagstaff where you’ll find shopping, dining and more fun festive activities for the whole family.
And the best part? There’s an adventure for everyone right out the back door.