Sustainable camping is the art of enjoying nature in a way that has the least negative impact on the planet. It’s the “leave no trace” and “leave a place better than you found it,” principles we’ve all come to know! And because camping is one of the closest ways you can get to being in the great outdoors, it’s important to keep some eco-friendly tips in mind.
Here are a few ideas on how you can enjoy your next sustainable camping trip!
5 Sustainable Camping Ideas
Even if you are staying in a getaway cabin with the modern amenities of home, it’s never a bad idea to consider what you’re using, how you’re using it, and where it came from.
- Stay Sustainably – The best way to practice sustainable camping is to book a stay somewhere that strives for environmentally friendly accommodations. Take Village Camp Truckee for example and their highly efficient / eco-friendly cabins. It helps to know where you’re staying is dedicated to helping the planet.
- Leave No Trace – The age-old reminder to explore nature without leaving behind evidence or taking away souvenirs!
- Bring Only What You Need – Camping trips and cabin getaways are fun to plan but it’s easy to end up bringing more than we need. Planning your meals ahead of time is one way to help reduce the amount of food wasted.
- Shop Local – Shopping locally isn’t just a cool way to get to know the area you’re visiting, it’s also a great way to practice sustainable camping. Maybe your next campfire meal can be sourced from the local farmer’s market!
- Consider Eco-Friendly Gear – When you’re out enjoying nature, consider some of the products you’re using and how they impact the environment. From eco-friendly soaps to eco-friendly hiking gear, it’s worth making sure your products promote a happy planet!
Ready to Plan Your Next Sustainable Camping Trip?
Whether you’re at home dealing with the day-to-day or on your yearly camping vacation, it’s a good idea to consider the environment. And with these 5 easy eco-friendly steps, you can make sure you are enjoying nature with nature in mind! So, pack your bags, plan your meals, shop locally, and get ready for a sustainable camping trip!
Ready to Book Your Eco-Friendly Cabin?